Tuesday 26 February 2008

THE 4 SKINS - (1999) - The Best Of The 4 Skins

This legendary Oi!/punk band was formed back in 1979 and they broke up in 1984. It's a bit weird to write about them cos I liked them a lot when I started listening to them and you can't deny them giving the ''A.C.A.B.'' slogan to the world of angry cop hating youths (together with a couple of really great Oi!/punk songs), but then there were some really dodgy people in that band like their guitarist Paul Swain (from 1983-1984 period) who later played in those nazi scums Skrewdriver. And being connected with Garry Bushell (who looked like a pimp when I first saw him in that 1983 ''UK/DK'' movie that I've mentioned in some of my previous posts) doesn't give them many positive points in my book. However, this is a very good release and I hope you enjoy it! It looks like The 4 Skins got back together in 2007 cos I've found their MySpace page, and there's also an article about The 4 Skins on Wikipedia, and you can also check The 4 Skins fan page I've stumbled upon which has a lot of info like their pics, lyrics, bio, discography, etc.



THE 4 SKINS - (1999) - The Best Of The 4 Skins

Year: 1999
Label: Snapper Music
Size: 153 MB

01. One Law For Them
02. Yesterday's Heroes
03. Clockwork Skinhead
04. Brave New World
05. Chaos
06. Wonderful World
07. Evil
08. Sorry
09. 1984
10. A.C.A.B.
11. I Don't Wanna Die
12. Plastic Gangster
13. Yesterday's Heroes (single version)
14. Get Out Of My Life
15. Justice
16. Jack The Lad
17. Low Life
18. Bread Or Blood
19. Seems To Me
20. Norman
21. On The Streets
22. Five More Years
23. Betrayed
24. Saturday (live)
25. Dambusters

MediaFire Part 1 & Part 2

2 comments:

Peretz said...

I think the best work by this band is their Bumper Sessions Demo available on "A Few 4 Skins More Vol. II" double LP on Link records.
It's way better than their 2 LP releases with raw production and fierce playing. Paul Swain was in the band at one time but this band existed only for a few years with 3 or 4 different line-ups none lasting very long.

deep structure said...

hvala stari!
pozdrav is srbije!
)