Sunday 10 May 2009

PETROGRAD [1998] Who Am I? (cass)

Petrograd was already posted on Nečista Savjest, you can check out that post for some more info about the band and their “Nineoneone” album from 2002 here. In short (and it is short as I don't know much about this band), Petrograd is a punk band from Luxembourg and they started playing back in 1996. They have this sound, they are melodic but emotional and political in the same time, I guess if I was to give some smart ass review I would say/compare them to The Weakerthans under influence of European angst... I am bullshiting here, I know, I have said that I don't like doing comparisons and sloting bands in genre drawers, and I am doing it now so screw that, Petrograd are a great band, good personal/political lyrics, music takes you there, and I like them a lot. This tape is Croatian release from Humanita Nova (damn good Croatian label/distro, although I don't know if it is still active) and as you can see on the cover, it is basically Petrograd's “Isobelle” album with bonus tracks from their EP's and split 7”'s.
Info stuff: MySpace, Discogs.
Re-uploaded on 2012-12-10.


PETROGRAD [1998] Who Am I? (cass)

Year: 1998
Label: Humanita Nova
Size: 126 MB / 320 kbps / 7z / DL

01. Oak Tree
02. Toys
03. It Takes A Lot More
04. Bungee
05. Mullet
06. Ask Yourself Why
07. Oktober
08. Cotton Myth
09. Agoraphobia
10. Fashion
11. Anarchist Woman
12. Tibet
13. El Nino
14. Popeye
15. What About Me
16. Quicksnap Memories
17. Enomis
18. Haal Doch Op

1 comment:

Dead Void Dreams said...

Thanx for uploading this,this band grew on me, I stll remember how odd they sounded to my ears on the split with Active Minds,haha. Good blog! Please,everyone visit my webzine,bands should get in touch for reviews. http://deadvoiddream.blogspot.com/