Thursday 26 March 2009

JELLO BIAFRA WITH NOMEANSNO [1991] The Sky Is Falling And I Want My Mommy

I know I have said in my previous post that I was done with Dead Kennedys, but I have sort of lied cos on this recording it's one Dead Kennedy (Jello Biafra) teaming up with one of my favourite bands - NoMeansNo!!! I saw NMN on a gig in Ljubljana, Slovenia, back in I guess it was 1993 or 1994 (I think they were promoting their “Why Do They Call Me Mr. Happy?” album) and although my long term memory seems to be shot to pieces I do remember that the crowd was ruthless, the venue was too small and I sweated out at least 2-5 litres of liquids while struggling to reach the stage, but all in all, it was one of greatest gigs I have ever been to, and brothers Wright played an encore bit as Hanson Brothers, with hockey masks and jerseys included.
I like this release very much, I think that energy and NoMeansNo's style of playing goes well with Biafra's hysterical vocals. One of more interesting things is that the song “Bruce's Diary” was inspired by Biafra's role as agent Bruce Coddle in the movie “Terminal City Ricochet” (1990). I hope you will enjoy this joint effort by Jello and NMN, and watch the movie too if you get the chance, I don't know if it is available to buy anymore, but I think it can be found on torrents.
Info stuff: Alternative Tentacles, Discogs, Wikipedia, NMN Official site, MySpace.

JELLO BIAFRA WITH NOMEANSNO [1991] The Sky Is Falling And I Want My Mommy

Year: 1991
Label: Alternative Tentacles
Size: 80.1 MB / 320 kbps
01. The Sky Is Falling, And I Want My Mommy (Falling Space Junk)
02. Jesus Was A Terrorist
03. Bruce's Diary
04. Bad
05. Ride The Flume
06. Chew
07. Sharks In The Gene Pool
08. The Myth Is Real - Let's Eat

MediaFire

1 comment:

Unknown said...

salut & merci pour cet album, qui va me rappeler de bons souvenirs.
j'adore Jello Biafra ! ... et DK ! ... et LARD ! ... et JB with DOA !
;-))